Omni Conversion Technologies (OMNI CT), previously Plasco Conversion Technologies, changed our name to reflect our shift in business focus to support the circular economy through our Omni200TM GPRSTM. Our clean gas has taken us into brand new market opportunities that are emerging as the future direction of energy delivery. Omni comes from the word Omnivorous, which is the perfect word to describe the type of waste we can process to deliver energy solutions in this new Green Circular Economy.
Senior Management Team
- Co-Founder & CEO, SHL Systemhouse Inc., from start-up to $800M revenue, 5000 employees
- Founder, CEO Paperboard Industries Corp. From $12M revenue to $700M
- Co-founder, Chairman and principal owner Ottawa Senators Hockey Club 1992-2004.
- Co-founder, CEO Plasco Energy Group Inc. (Plasco) 2005-2013
- Acquired OMNI CT, September 2015 , CEO 2015 – present
Robert McInnis, B Math, CA (1978-2012)
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for SC Stormont Corporation (1991 to present),
- SC Stormont Holdings Inc. (2005 to present), and RMB Advisory Services Inc., each of which is owned by R.M. Bryden
- President and Chief Operating Officer, Pharmagap Inc., a TSX Venture company, 2005 to 2012
- Experienced financial executive in public and private corporate settings, with extensive experience in complex corporate financial structures and financings, including tax-based components. Past transactional experience with public offerings of equity, as well as private funding for the initial creation of the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club (past Director) and the Corel Centre in Ottawa (now the CanadianTire Centre).
Marc Bacon, P.Eng MBA
- Marc led the team that advanced the technology to commercial readiness and is now deploying it worldwide.
- Under Marc’s leadership, with over 1.2M man-hours of effort, the OMNI CT team developed over 20 patent families, engineered and supported the operations of the only full-scale demonstration plant in the world in its space. It then packaged the system into a modular commercial design and set up a low-cost, high-quality international supply chain to produce it.
- He has 40 years of operations, executive experience and engineering including: technical expertise in gasification, materials, steel fabrication, heavy machining and thermal plasma.
Andreas Tsangaris, P.Eng
- Selected and promoted early innovations/concepts used in Omni’s conversion system development (1982-2007).
- Leader of OMNI CT’s Research and Development and Intellectual Property Group (R&D+IP, 2006-present).
- Authored or co-authored OMNI CT’s patents (1986-present).
- Responsible several new innovations to further improve OMNI CT’s existing Plasma-Assisted Conversion design (extensive expertise in the development and use of plasma technology for syngas refinement and slag melting as well as in refractory selection areas).
- Broke new ground in developing OMNI CT’s Next Generation concepts (2010-2015).
- Led and/or contributed to numerous projects undertaken to fully test, optimize and commercialize the technology (2007-present).
Jorge Gallego, M. Engineering Civil & Land Planning & Transport, INSEAD MBA
- Experienced senior waste management executive bringing his market relationships and deep knowledge to lead Business Development and M&S from Barcelona Spain.
- A pioneer in the development of the Plasma Gasification, installing the first pilot plant that successfully proved the Plasco concept in 2005.
- Former Director & GM for The Hera Group from start-up to $200 million revenues with 10%± EBIT in Spain, Portugal, Germany, France, South America and Middle East.
Xiaomei Shi, B. Comp Eng, M. Comp Science
- Responsible for exploiting relationships in China with large State Owned Enterprises and private companies
- Previously opened the Chinese market for OMNI CT by creating 3 Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprises (WFOE) in China- HK, Beijing and Chengdu; Established Omni Technology as a well-known and reputable technology to attract Chinese clients.
- Assembled and trained the synergistic OMNI CT China team, Opened 5 major Chinese channels: Chengdu, Zhengzhou, Shandong, Henan and Beijing.
- Randy is a business executive with 30 years of Business Development in international markets. He joined Omni’s predecessor, RCL Plasma, in 1996 after working ten years in the high technology business where he had Business Development responsibilities for contract pricing and negotiations.
- With a background in business administration Randy also brought strategic planning and budgeting expertise to support the OMNI CT early days.
- As an executive at OMNI CT, Randy has been widely involved in; equity raises, project development, client relationships, and contract negotiations in local and foreign markets, including providing strategic direction for advancing the Chinese market.