Omni Conversion Technologies (OMNI CT), a Decarbonization Solution. Omni comes from the word Omnivorous, which is the perfect word to describe the type of waste we can process to deliver energy solutions in this new Green Circular Economy.
Board of Directors
- Co-Founder & CEO, SHL Systemhouse Inc., from start-up to $800M revenue, 5000 employees
- Founder, CEO Paperboard Industries Corp. From $12M revenue to $700M
- Co-founder, Chairman and principal owner Ottawa Senators Hockey Club 1992-2004.
- Co-founder, CEO Plasco Energy Group Inc. (Plasco) 2005-2013
- Acquired OMNI CT, September 2015 , CEO 2015 – present
Jonathan Lundy, B.A. J.D.
Mr. Lundy joined OMNI as CEO and director on October 4th, 2021. Jon has over 20 years of experience in the energy industry. Prior to joining OMNI, Jon was the Vice-President of Strategy and Business Services at BWXT Canada Ltd. At BWXT, Jon led the development and execution of growth and improvement strategies for the Canadian operations. His portfolio included most general and administrative functions, including: business development and sales; legal; government relations and communications; supply chain; risk management; and regulatory affairs.
Prior to BWXT, Jon spent 7 years at Atomic Energy of Canada Limited, in positions of increasing importance, culminating in his role as interim CEO and Chief Transition Officer between 2014 and 2016. As Chief Transition Officer, Jon oversaw the divestiture and privatization of 2 business units and the creation of a new crown corporation that oversees Canada’s investments in nuclear science and technology, and advises the Government of Canada on nuclear policy.
Jon’s previous positions include CEO of Schneider Power Inc. and President, Power & Generation at Hydrogenics Corporation. At Hydrogenics, Jon led the company’s IPO and listings on the NASDAQ and TSX.
Jon holds both a B.A. and J.D. from the University of Western Ontario.
Stephen is a widely recognized economist with over 40 years of experience in financial markets, forecasting, and economic policy. Today, he serves as Special Advisor at Osler, Hoskin and Harcourt and as a director for two major Canadian multinational companies. Stephen is also the author of the upcoming book titled The Next Age of Uncertainty: How the World Can Adapt to a Riskier Future, that maps out the powerful economic forces that are shaping our future and the ideas that will allow us to master them.
Stephen was previously the 9th Governor of the Bank of Canada, Canada’s central bank, a role he held from 2013-2020, after serving 14 years there during 1981-95 occupying a range of increasingly senior positions. Prior to his role as Governor, Stephen spent 14 years at Export Development Canada, as Chief Economist (1999-2008), Head of Lending (2008-2011) and finally as President and CEO (2011-2013). He also spent four years at BCA Research, where he was Managing Editor of the International Bank Credit Analyst, one of their flagship publications.
Stephen is a Certified International Trade Professional and a graduate of Columbia University’s Senior Executive Program. He has been a visiting scholar at the International Monetary Fund in Washington, D.C., and at the Economic Planning Agency in Tokyo, Japan. He is a frequent speaker and writer and has taught economics at the University of Western Ontario, Concordia University and Queen’s School of Business.
Dr. Daniel M. Kammen
Dr. Daniel M. Kammen holds the James and Katherine Lau Distinguished Chair in Sustainability at the University of California, Berkeley, with parallel appointments in the Energy and Resources Group where he serves as Chair, the Goldman School of Public Policy where he directs the Center for Environmental Policy, and the department of Nuclear Engineering. Kammen is the founding director of the Renewable and Appropriate Energy Laboratory (RAEL; http://rael.berkeley.edu). He was the director of the Transportation Sustainability Research Center from 2007 – 2015.
Kammen was appointed by then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in April 2010 as the first energy fellow of the Environment and Climate Partnership for the Americas (ECPA) initiative. He served as the Science Envoy for U. S. Secretary of State John Kerry in 2016.
Dr. Kammen was educated in physics at Cornell (BA 1984) and Harvard (MA 1986; PhD 1988), and held postdoctoral positions at the California Institute of Technology and Harvard. Dr. Kammen has served as a contributing or coordinating lead author on various reports of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change since 1999. The IPCC shared the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize.
Kammen helped found over 10 companies, including Enphase that went public in 2012, Renewable Funding (Renew Financial) a Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) implementing company that went public in 2014. Kammen played a core role in developing the successful bid for the $500 million energy biosciences institute funded by BP.
In 2020 Kammen was elected to the American Academy of Arts & Sciences.
Mr. Fraser is the Co-Chief Investment Officer of West Face Capital Inc., a Toronto-based investment management firm. Prior to joining West Face, Peter was a Vice-President and Director of BMO Nesbitt Burns where he was responsible for the Special Investments Group, a proprietary trading group focused on deploying capital across the entire capital structure. He has over 40 years of investment experience.
Peter served as a director of Plasco (the previous name of OMNI) between 2011 and 2015. As well, he was on the board of publicly traded Sunopta Inc., an organic and healthy food processor. Peter has also served on non-profit boards including as Vice Chairman of the West Park Healthcare Centre Foundation.
Peter holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Toronto and an MBA from Stanford University Graduate School of Business. As well, he has the ICD.D designation.
Carmen has considerable leadership experience in financial management and reporting, strategic planning, investment governance and financial, operational and information technology assurance services in the public and private sectors in Canada and internationally.
In 2020, Carmen retired from the Bank of Canada where she held the positions of Chief Financial Officer and Chief Accountant and Managing Director of the Financial Services department from 2014 to 2020 and prior to that, Chief Internal Auditor. She had internal audit senior strategic leadership roles at the United Nations and the University of Ottawa. She worked as a public accountant in Ottawa, Guelph and Calgary, and taught French in Helsinki. She is currently engaged by the International Monetary Fund to provide expert technical assistance on internal controls to selected central banks.
Carmen is actively involved in her community and has served on several boards, most recently, Bruyère Continuing Care starting in 2021 as a member of the Quality Management & Mission Effectiveness Committee, Financial Executives International National Capital Region Chapter (2015-2021) and United Way Centraide Canada (2017-2020). Other board contributions include University of Ottawa (2004-2012) and the Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre (2002-2007).
Born in Sudbury, Ontario, Carmen received a Bachelor of Commerce honours degree from Laurentian University in 1981. She is a Fellow of Chartered Professional Accountants Ontario and certified internal auditor.
Senior Management Team
Robert McInnis, B Math, CA (1978-2012)
- Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for SC Stormont Corporation (1991 to present),
- SC Stormont Holdings Inc. (2005 to present), and RMB Advisory Services Inc., each of which is owned by R.M. Bryden
- President and Chief Operating Officer, Pharmagap Inc., a TSX Venture company, 2005 to 2012
- Experienced financial executive in public and private corporate settings, with extensive experience in complex corporate financial structures and financings, including tax-based components. Past transactional experience with public offerings of equity, as well as private funding for the initial creation of the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club (past Director) and the Corel Centre in Ottawa (now the CanadianTire Centre).
Marc Bacon, P.Eng MBA
- Marc led the team that advanced the technology to commercial readiness and is now deploying it worldwide.
- Under Marc’s leadership, with over 1.2M man-hours of effort, the OMNI CT team developed over 20 patent families, engineered and supported the operations of the only full-scale demonstration plant in the world in its space. It then packaged the system into a modular commercial design and set up a low-cost, high-quality international supply chain to produce it.
- He has 40 years of operations, executive experience and engineering including: technical expertise in gasification, materials, steel fabrication, heavy machining and thermal plasma.
Andreas Tsangaris, P.Eng
- Selected and promoted early innovations/concepts used in Omni’s conversion system development (1982-2007).
- Leader of OMNI CT’s Research and Development and Intellectual Property Group (R&D+IP, 2006-present).
- Authored or co-authored OMNI CT’s patents (1986-present).
- Responsible several new innovations to further improve OMNI CT’s existing Plasma-Assisted Conversion design (extensive expertise in the development and use of plasma technology for syngas refinement and slag melting as well as in refractory selection areas).
- Broke new ground in developing OMNI CT’s Next Generation concepts (2010-2015).
- Led and/or contributed to numerous projects undertaken to fully test, optimize and commercialize the technology (2007-present).
Jorge Gallego, M. Engineering Civil & Land Planning & Transport, INSEAD MBA
- Experienced senior waste management executive bringing his market relationships and deep knowledge to lead Business Development and M&S from Barcelona Spain.
- A pioneer in the development of the Plasma Gasification, installing the first pilot plant that successfully proved the Plasco concept in 2005.
- Former Director & GM for The Hera Group from start-up to $200 million revenues with 10%± EBIT in Spain, Portugal, Germany, France, South America and Middle East.
Xiaomei Shi, B. Comp Eng, M. Comp Science
- Responsible for exploiting relationships in China with large State Owned Enterprises and private companies
- Previously opened the Chinese market for OMNI CT by creating 3 Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprises (WFOE) in China- HK, Beijing and Chengdu; Established Omni Technology as a well-known and reputable technology to attract Chinese clients.
- Assembled and trained the synergistic OMNI CT China team, Opened 5 major Chinese channels: Chengdu, Zhengzhou, Shandong, Henan and Beijing.
- Randy is a business executive with 30 years of Business Development in international markets. He joined Omni’s predecessor, RCL Plasma, in 1996 after working ten years in the high technology business where he had Business Development responsibilities for contract pricing and negotiations.
- With a background in business administration Randy also brought strategic planning and budgeting expertise to support the OMNI CT early days.
- As an executive at OMNI CT, Randy has been widely involved in; equity raises, project development, client relationships, and contract negotiations in local and foreign markets, including providing strategic direction for advancing the Chinese market.
Chris Mamen, M.Eng., P.Eng.
- Chris brings hands-on engineering and operations experience from OMNI’s core IP development at Plasco Trail Road.
- Project managed turnkey oil & gas facility projects employing a concurrent engineering-design-fabrication-construction strategy.
- Oil & gas industry expert in clean technology development and emissions management. Guided oil & gas companies on emissions reduction strategies; developed emissions offset (EO) projects; commercialization of novel emissions control products. Vice Chair of national standard governing emissions control devices in the oil & gas industry.
- Rejoined with OMNI in 2021 to lead engineering in commercialization of OMNI’s GPRS.
Scott Kraynak B.S. MBA, B.S. Chemical Engineering & MBA from Rice University
- Scott is a senior executive with over 20 years experience building and leading world class supply chains and procurement organizations
- Led global supply chain transformations at Aker Solutions & Husky Injection Molding Systems
- Broad supply chain expertise across operational and consulting roles and multiple industries – petrochemicals, manufacturing, oil & gas, IT services, MRO, medical devices, utilities & logistics