Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Ref. No.: 2023-101
Location: Ottawa / Hybrid
Posting Date: March 22, 2023
Closing Date: November 1, 2023
About OMNI Conversion Technologies Inc.
OMNI Conversion Technologies Inc. (OMNI CT) is a Canadian company that has developed proprietary technology to convert solid energetic material into OmniSyngas which can be used to produce low carbon clean fuels, including hydrogen, renewable liquid fuels and renewable natural gas for the circular economy. OMNI CT’s robust efficient Omni200 provides unique solutions to manage waste, produce clean fuels at scale, and help industry and governments achieve decarbonization goals. The patented process was successfully demonstrated at the company’s demonstration plant from 2007-2014. Learn more about us at www.omnict.com and follow us on LinkedIn at: https://ca.linkedin.com/company/omni-conversion-technologies.
Reporting to the Manager EIC Engineering, the Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for design and delivery of power electronics packages, MV/LV electrical design, and overall electrical systems plant integration. The Senior Electrical Engineer will be a core contributor to the EIC team and function across all disciplines in delivery of complete waste to energy plants.
- Prepare the design and complete load lists, load calculations, schematics, equipment selection and system concept reports.
- Prepare the electrical conceptual design modular concept, produce single line diagrams, up to FEL-3 conceptual layouts.
- Prepare technical specifications for major electrical equipment in accordance with customer requirements and the latest appropriate applicable standards.
- Undertake electrical power system studies including load flows, loss analysis, reactive compensation, short circuit, stability, and harmonics analysis; carries out power system protection coordination studies including production of inverse time curves, and arc flash hazard analysis studies using software such as EasyPower, ETAP and EMTP.
- Perform grounding system analysis and design.
- Perform engineering calculations to establish system criteria and major equipment design rating and parameters, such as transformer and cable size selection.
- Review vendor proposals, specifications, and drawings.
- Review three-line diagrams, DC and AC control schematics, connection wiring diagrams, cable schedules, and raceway layouts, including cable trays, duct banks, cable trenches and bill of materials.
- Interface with other engineers and designers across departments, sub-contractors, vendors, and clients to build a seamless product.
- Evaluate shop drawings, drive, and manage electrical systems from FEED through to the delivery of industrial facilities.
- Participate on customer site for start-up commissioning, equipment performance improvement commissioning and testing for Omni supplied equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with a minimum of 4 years in electrical engineering for industrial, commercial, institutional facilities.
- Background in oil, gas refining or power generation industry preferred.
- Professional Engineering Designation (P.Eng.) from a Canadian province required. Preference for existing designation in Ontario or ability to obtain P.Eng. in Ontario.
- Knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code, NFPA 70, NEC electrical code and practice.
- Knowledge in industrial unit substations, fire alarms, lighting, emergency power generation, MV and LV distribution systems, and large electrical systems.
- Knowledge in power electronics, AC/DC power supply system, AC/DC rectifier, SCR, IGBT control systems preferred.
- Strong communicator in spoken and written English. Working proficiency in Mandarin or Spanish would be a plus.
- Recognized by peers, supervisors, and subordinates as a person of high integrity, who works well alone or with others to achieve common goals.
What OMNI CT Offers
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits
- Growth opportunities with the ability to influence and shape financial function
- Dynamic and innovative work culture
- Opportunity to be part of an organization that makes a difference
- Office environment. Headquarters is in Ottawa, Ontario
- Hybrid or remote work may be considered candidate dependent
Equal Opportunity Employer
OMNI is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical status.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic team that makes a difference, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.