Job Ref. No.: 2024-101
Location: Ottawa / Calgary / Hybrid
Posting Date: February 7, 2024
Closing Date: April 30, 2024
About OMNI Conversion Technologies Inc.
OMNI Conversion Technologies Inc. (OMNI CT) is a Canadian company that has developed proprietary technology to convert solid energetic material into OmniSyngas which can be used to produce low carbon clean fuels, including hydrogen, renewable liquid fuels and renewable natural gas for the circular economy. OMNI CT’s robust efficient Omni200 provides unique solutions to manage waste, produce clean fuels at scale, and help industry and governments achieve decarbonization goals. The patented process was successfully demonstrated at the company’s demonstration plant from 2007-2014. Learn more about us at www.omnict.com and follow us on LinkedIn at: https://ca.linkedin.com/company/omni-conversion-technologies.
We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Process Simulation Engineer to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will be responsible for utilizing advanced software tools, including commercial software packages as well as in-house proprietary software and code, to develop and optimize process simulations to support the company. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in Chemical Engineering or a related field, with a keen eye for detail and a passion for innovation.
- Utilize commercial process simulation software (e.g., Aspen-PLUS, Schlumberger Symmetry) to a high degree of expertise.
- Develop, validate, and utilize in-house proprietary software and code to generate accurate and comprehensive process models.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support front-end engineering activities, including the generation of heat and material balances, process flow diagrams, utility summaries, and other essential engineering documentation.
- Work closely with process engineers, project managers and the commercial team to ensure that simulation results align with project goals and objectives.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization, efficiency improvement, and cost reduction through both simulation-driven analyses and related front-end engineering activities.
- Contribute to the development of new tools, methodologies, and best practices in process simulation to support the growth and expansion of the company.
- Improve and iterate upon existing process models, incorporating new data and insights to enhance accuracy and predictive capabilities.
- Collaborate with business development teams to create proposals, preliminary cost estimates, and evaluate potential new markets
- Stay up to date with industry trends, advancements in simulation techniques, and emerging technologies to continuously enhance the quality of work.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree (strong preference for a post-graduate degree) in Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience (2+ years) in process simulation, using software such as Aspen-PLUS, HYSYS, Schlumberger Symmetry, and other relevant tools. Experience may be gained in an academic setting at the graduate level.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience post-undergraduate. Experience may be gained in an academic setting if the candidate is a strong self-starter, self-organized and a strong communicator.
- Work experience in an industrial environment, with thermal processes, is a strong asset. Desired applications include analysis of process data and calibration of process models with process data.
- Strong analytical skills with an aptitude for meticulous work and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in coding and programming languages for developing in-house tools and proprietary software (e.g., Python, MATLAB, C++) is a strong asset.
- Experience with CFD or FEA are considered an asset.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and the ability to think critically about complex engineering challenges.
- A high degree of self-motivation and personal time management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Able to communicate effectively with all types of staff, including technical and non-technical.
What OMNI CT Offers
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits
- Growth opportunities with the ability to influence and shape business
- Dynamic and innovative work culture
- Opportunity to be part of an organization that makes a difference
- Office Headquarters is in Ottawa, Ontario
- Hybrid working model with consideration given to remote work arrangements
Equal Opportunity Employer
OMNI is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical status.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic team that makes a difference, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.