Type of position
Mechanical Design Team Lead
OMNI Conversion Technologies is a privately owned supplier of its patented and class-leading Gasification and Plasma Refining System (GPRSTM).
The GPRSTM technology converts a wide variety of energetic wastes to an energetic syngas tailored to downstream applications, including hydrogen and liquid fuels production, with no emissions to atmosphere during conversion, and complete diversion from landfill. Having developed and demonstrated the technology for over a decade at a cost of more than $400M USD and 1.2M person-hours of work, OMNI CT is now deploying its integrated GPRSTM units to clients worldwide. Its business includes applied R&D, engineering, equipment supply, training, commissioning, start up, performance testing, and operations support. Projects range in size from about $50M to well over $500M. The need for effective waste management and clean fuels is driving our business. Growth will demand excellence, teamwork, and effort. OMNI CT will provide the selected candidate with opportunities to thrive and grow.
The Piping Designer shall:
- Provide detailed 2D and 3D piping design of plant piping systems from FEED through to Fabrication of industrial facilities
- Populate and maintain piping and equipment databases and BOMs based on engineer inputs
- Implement piping specifications appropriately and consistently across the facility
- Design to process requirements, ergonomics, constructability, and maintenance requirements consistent with industry standards
- Lead design review sessions
- Produce fabrication and construction work packages
- Interface with other designers within the department, sub-contractors, vendors, and clients to build a seamless product
- Support other design activities including structural steel and electrical design as available
- Support mechanical design with guidance from mechanical engineers within multi-disciplinary project team. Periodic duties may include design of hot and refractory lined process vessels, plant general arrangements and machine design.
- Share technical expertise towards continuous improvement across the team.
- 8+ years of piping design experience for industrial facilities, preferably oil & gas or chemical processing facilities
- Very high level of expertise with AutoCAD, CADWorx (or similar), and related software
- Significant experience within an engineering firm is preferred
- Strong communicator in spoken and written English
Current work location is from home. Preference is for the Piping Designer to be located in Ottawa, for eventual work out of OMNI Conversion Technologies head office. However strong candidates may live anywhere in Canada but must be able to travel to Ottawa for up to 5 consecutive days per month if required.
How to Apply
If this opportunity matches your qualifications, please send your resume to email@example.com . We thank all applicants but only those selected for further screening will be contacted.