Type of position
Manager of Mechanical Engineering
OMNI Conversion Technologies is a privately owned supplier of its patented and class-leading Gasification and Plasma Refining System (GPRSTM).
The GPRSTM technology converts a wide variety of energetic wastes to an energetic syngas tailored to downstream applications, including hydrogen and liquid fuels production, with no emissions to atmosphere during conversion, and complete diversion from landfill. Having developed and demonstrated the technology for over a decade at a cost of more than $400M USD and 1.2M person-hours of work, OMNI CT is now deploying its integrated GPRSTM units to clients worldwide. Its business includes applied R&D, engineering, equipment supply, training, commissioning, start up, performance testing, and operations support. Projects range in size from about $50M to well over $500M. The need for effective waste management and clean fuels is driving our business. Growth will demand excellence, teamwork, and effort. OMNI CT will provide the selected candidate with opportunities to thrive and grow.
The Mechanical (Piping) Engineer shall:
- perform general mechanical engineering functions within multi-disciplinary project teams. Includes design of hot and refractory-lined process vessels, machine design, specifications of oxy-fuel burners, specification of pumps, blowers, compressors, heat exchangers, etc.;
- provide subject matter expertise (SME) across all areas of piping engineering and design, including but not limited to: development of specifications, material selection, performing detailed calculations for piping systems in extreme environments, advising on fabrication details and deviations;
- review detailed work performed by other engineers and designers as the SME;
- interface with external entities, including clients and subcontractors;
- ensure operational excellence via safe and efficient plant design;
- provide effective leadership, displaying strong ethics and professionalism;
- promote continuous improvement in process, cost, quality, and production;
- liaise directly with colleagues and the department manager to resolve escalated issues including those requiring coordination with other departments;
- use 3D modeling software (SolidWorks, Plant3D or similar);
- create and edit P&ID’s.
- Mechanical Engineering degree required
- 8+ years of experience in a mechanical engineering and/or mechanical design role specifically related to industrial process facilities, of which at least 4 years were in piping engineering or design.
- Experience with requirements analysis, and development of piping specifications.
- Experience with high-grade stainless steels.
- Strong track record of producing highly detailed work products.
- Positive and flexible attitude, be willing to perform a variety of duties within a dynamic team.
- Registered Professional Engineer in at least one Province of Canada.
- Excellent communicator in spoken and written English. French, Spanish, or Mandarin would be desirable.
- Strong preference for experience with high temperature applications and/or refractory-lined piping.
- Familiarity with software such as SolidWorks, Plant3D and Acad.
While OMNI Conversion Technologies has its head office in Ottawa, Ontario, its Mechanical Engineering team is spread across Canada. The Mechanical (Piping) Engineer can live anywhere in Canada but must be able to travel to Ottawa for up to 5 consecutive days per month if required, and may occasionally be asked to travel to client locations.
How to Apply
If this opportunity matches your qualifications, please send your resume to email@example.com . We thank all applicants but only those selected for further screening will be contacted.